Join Our Team!
The Eureka Room is a small operation, but we hire a lot of awesome part-timers and contractors. Here’s our current list of openings.
JOB TITLE: Host of Unique Austin Attraction (Part-time)
ABOUT THE EUREKA ROOM
The Eureka Room is a fun and absurd experience for up to eight people. It’s sort of like an escape room but weirder and with less puzzles and more lights and sound. We opened last July and has attendance has been growing steadily. We’re looking for another awesome person to join our team!
We’re looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic show runner to greet guests and work behind the scenes to make their 45 minute experience a fun, unique, and memorable one.
IS THIS YOU?
We need a friendly, outgoing, upbeat, enthusiastic, warm and responsible individual who is self-motivated and interested in meeting people and getting them excited about their visit.
– Greet and chat with visitors in the waiting room.
– Get them excited about the experience they are about to have.
– Operate the immersive programs behind the scenes.
– Chat with visitors and answer questions after their experience.
– Sell merchandise.
– About 80% of the work is done “behind the scenes”.
– Answer booking-related phone calls and emails.
– Back of house duties like daily cleaning, setup, and breakdown.
– Recording testimonials from visitors.
Right now we need someone to help with some of our Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday shifts. We’d like to get someone who can work 10-20 hours per week. There’s both a morning 9-4 shift and and 4-10 shift. We need someone who can work at least 2-3 of the evening shifts. Schedules are somewhat flexible and we understand people don’t want to work every weekend night!
Additional optional shifts may become available within the next six months.
Please include relevant experience or resume plus why you want to work at The Eureka Room. Also include anything else you’d like us to know.